BooksForKidsBlog

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tennessee K-3 Children's Choice Award Announced: I Ain't Gonna Paint No More by Karen Beaumont

Karen Beaumont's and David Catrow's exuberant story in rhyme of a kid who finds body art irresistible, I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! (ALA Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards)) has just won the 2009 Tennessee Children's Choice Book Award by the votes of children statewide in grades K-3.

Illustrated in David Catrow's full-blown humorous style, the fun begins when, to the tune of "It Ain't Gonna Rain No More," the kid finds his mom's hidden painting supplies and starts at the top:

So I take some red
And I paint my head...

and just doesn't know where to stop!

For the full review of this guaranteed kid pleaser, see my post of April 12, 2007, here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home